• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Interceptor

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think this is great news! Novartis was sold to Eli Lilly and they straightened out their issues over poor manufacturing practices to get this back on the market.

I'm also going to include what I said on another site:

However, I think what surprises me, especially if this was the wonder drug for heart worms (and others), is that, to the best of my knowledge, the patent on Interceptor has expired, and no other company is selling this stuff. Similar to human drugs, once the patent expires, inexpensive generic drugs flood the market. I believe THIS is the patent on Interceptor from 1985. So why isn't some foreign drug company making this stuff...for pennies?

While this is good news...the article is wrong in one sentence. Eli Lily did not buy Novartis. They only bought the Novartis Animal Health Division.