• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Interesting Situation for me today....

Hey all,
Today I was installing my first auto top off system from autotopoff.com. It should've been a very easy, 2 minute installation, but as I was installing it I dropped a suction cup for my RODI tubing. Before I could even react my Mag5 sucked the suction cup right up and began making 'not good' noise.
Not too bad of a problem right? Wrong, I have a small sump so in order to fit the Mag5 into the proper section you kinda have to squeeze it through as if playing Textris. Needless to say I had to cut the 'return to tank' pipe in order to wiggle the Mag5 out and then find a new one and then reinstall everything all b/c of a 25cent suction cup.
Worst spent 1.45 hours of my reefing career so far.

--tom

Edward771 said:
wait until you flood your living room or basement you haven't see anything yet.

As much as everyone talks about the "great flood" of the hobby it is really scarry for those of us that have not had one yet!

very true, as a college student still living under the parent's roof..if I had a 'great flood' it's safe to say my reefing career would be postponed for a long time.

--tom

Actually - a friend of mine in NC had a problem with the lights/fans in the canopy and it caught fire. Needless to say not much survived...but thankfully he and his wife were not hurt.

So a flood doesn't sound that bad when I think about the electrical risk.