• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Intermediate 40B

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well after my 120 disaster, I condensed all my remaining livestock into my 40B and my extra rock into a 30G Brute can.

I probably shouldn't have, but I filled the 40 with water from the 120 and then began doing a series of large water changes. 30 gallon changes on a 40 do more than they would on a 120 as far as lowering phosphates and trying to beat hair algae.

It's been a while now and things are doing relatively well and decided to take some pictures.

FTS:

Small Clam I picked up during AO's Black Friday sale:

Chalice growing nicely:

Hammer with about 15 heads before I fragged it.

Some nice deep red Coraline algae:

Frag I won at the November meeting:

Since I have a bunch of equipment around I decided to take 2 of my 4 MP-10's from the 120 and put them in the 40. I added another to the display and one in the sump. I decided to turn the refugium section of the sump into a little frag tank. I had to stick a few frags down there until I can get them to their new home. I decided to upgrade the home depot light with some reef spec lighting. I took one of the AI Vega's I have sitting around, and I now have a Nano in my sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: