• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is a MP40wQD compatible with an older non-ES MP40w?

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Will my new MP40wQD be compatible with my older non-ES MP40w for wireless coordination? Also I have a newer (3 years old) wet side from the MP40 I had to replace - can I use that wet side as a spare when I'm cleaning - on the new QD? The non ES is quiet and runs great and they're in a 90 so 2 is likely overkill anyway - didn't see the need to replace the one that is working...
Thanks.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am by far no expert on this but believe the wireless module on both the QD and the older models is the same. I would think that they would communicate.

Simple to answer....shot an email off to Ecotech and I'm sure you'd have an answer within a day.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Thanks Paul. Guess that's next. I posted the same question on RC on the ecotech page back over the weekend and got no reply. I assumed they didn't like that I cheaped out and only replaced one. Damn dry side is $199 and no one was selling just that. So I found a good deal on a new one from an abandoned project for $60 more. Didn't need/want 2... Of course it's whisper quiet, so... Thanks.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I agree with Paul, they should work together. They are usually pretty good at getting back to you if you email them on there site or call. They don't seem to follow the forums too much.

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
I agree with Paul, they should work together. They are usually pretty good at getting back to you if you email them on there site or call. They don't seem to follow the forums too much.
I had success with the RC forum a couple years back but who knows if the same personnel are there... I did email - through the support link on their website back on Tuesday. I'm still awaiting their response.

Last edited: