• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is my queen conch behaving normal?

My queen conch has burried itself in the sand and hasn't moved for a day or so. Is this normal behavior? It usually cruises back and forth sucking up the food that falls to the bottom. I even saw it catapulting over a rock the other day. I read on other forums that some have burried themselves for weeks and come up as if nothing was wrong.

My water parameters are:

Amonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

Ph 8.4

Salinity 1.025

My queen conch has burried itself in the sand and hasn't moved for a day or so. Is this normal behavior? It usually cruises back and forth sucking up the food that falls to the bottom. I even saw it catapulting over a rock the other day. I read on other forums that some have burried themselves for weeks and come up as if nothing was wrong.

My water parameters are:

Amonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 0

Ph 8.4

Salinity 1.025

That's normal.

I'd keep an eye on it. Mine (when alive) cruised the bottom seeking out algae. It buried itself for bed, but if it's not moving and staying in the sand, I'd just grab it out to check and make sure it's still alive. If alive, put it back. No harm no foul. If it's dead - it'll be foul........

btw you sure you have a queen conch? those grow pretty big. Maybe you have a fighting conch?

As far as I know it's a queen. It's doing fine. But I have to rearrange my rock on the one side so it can turn around a little better. It's gotten stuck once or twice