• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is this zoa pox?

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
That doesn't look like zoa pic to me. Just looks like a build up of something on them? Here's a pic if zoa pox I googled.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Pic
dbcf49fe097a2d0da4cdf1cbb8727224.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
That doesn't look like zoa pic to me. Just looks like a build up of something on them? Here's a pic if zoa pox I googled.

Agreed. Not too sure what it is but I would suggest trying to get it off. Take a container of tank water big enough for it to fit in and use a turkey Baster or similar to try and blow whatever it is off. If this doesn’t work a dip may be in order. Something like revive would be a good start if that doesn’t work maybe step it up to a 50 50 tank water to peroxide dip.

Agreed. Not too sure what it is but I would suggest trying to get it off. Take a container of tank water big enough for it to fit in and use a turkey Baster or similar to try and blow whatever it is off. If this doesn’t work a dip may be in order. Something like revive would be a good start if that doesn’t work maybe step it up to a 50 50 tank water to peroxide dip.
Yea no its on them or even inside them, i dipped them a while back. But now i wonder if i burned them using a peroxide dip in the very beginning

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Ruth-is it on the rocks too? I am not home to see this on my pc screen but I'm using my phone. Is it possible that it's spirorbid worms?

upload_2018-4-18_15-8-15.jpeg

or does it look like nudibranch eggs?

nudi20eggs.jpg

IMG_2039.gif

or does it look more like this....

image-jpg.124516

paly use the substrate into their stalk which is 100% a paly thing

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If that is sand, that is a lot of sand. Palythoa take up sand and other small particles to build their structure. Zoas do not do this.

julie

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What do I do?
These are my palys that never did really goodView attachment 19438
Well I'm not sure what's happening. But after reading the thread and looking at the post to pick about zoa pox, I think you're right it is zoa pox. But I don't know anything about it or how to fix it. If I come up on something quickly I'll try and post it.

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Well I'm not sure what's happening. But after reading the thread and looking at the post to pick about zoa pox, I think you're right it is zoa pox. But I don't know anything about it or how to fix it. If I come up on something quickly I'll try and post it.
Furan-2 will treat zoa pox. If u Google it you will find threads on it.