• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's 80 Gallon Lagoon Display Tank Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
It's finally happening! I am finally going to have a display tank again! :)

As some of you guys know, I use to have a 90 display tank, but due to structural issues with the stand I had to tear it down. Since then I have been keeping everything in a very packed and I mean packed 40B Frag Tank. You guys have no idea how excited I am for this build and at the same time worried for my wallet. LOL

Tank has been ordered and will be coming in this Tuesday! :)

Here is the current/need equipment list.

• Deep Blue Professional 80 Gallon Rimless Frag Tank
  • Advance Acrylics 3 Chamber Sump (skimmer/return/fuge)
  • AquaticLife 8 Bulb T5 Fixture
  • Bubble Magus NAC7 Skimmer
  • 2 x Jebao WP25
  • Blue Line 30X-HD Return*
  • Aquamaxx Bio-Pellet Reactor
  • 2 x TLF Media Reactors
  • Neptune Apex Controller
  • 2 x BRS Dosing Pumps
  • 2 x Chinese Dosing Pumps
  • 100+ lbs of Pukani Live/Dry Rock
  • Tropic Eden Mini/Reef Flakes*
*Need to Order

The initial plan for the tank was to be SPS Dominated with zoas here and there, however that has all changed. I honestly couldn't imagine myself sticking to just one type so it's going to be a mix'd reef tank with one rule, everything that goes in will only be of high quality corals that I can acquire. "high quality" is my way of saying, only the things I believe are worthy of being in a display tank, my favorites, my jaw droppers. By having this rule, I think will limit me from going crazy and just putting anything in my tank. Only time will tell though. LOL

Also, can anyone recommend someone that can build a stand? I would make it myself but I want this one to be nice and my wood work skills need a lot of work. haha

One last thing...
I also got a standard 80 gallon frag tank to upgrade the 40B :) woot!

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'm gonna have to take a lot of those "non high end" off your hands then hahhahahaa

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Judeo looks like you have a great system in the making. I will be following from SC to see how things progress!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Judeo looks like you have a great system in the making. I will be following from SC to see how things progress!

In many ways thanks to you Steve! I honestly can't thank you enough for the great deals you've given me for the rocks and some of the equipment. I'll try not to disappoint you with this build!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
In terms of stand building - There are a lot of people who are very handy. i'm sure they will chime in.

hopefully! I really want a nice stand to compliment this build and possibly someone who can bend some pipes for DIY light hanging kit.

Congrats on the new build. Lmk if you need a hand. Not with stand building though. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Congrats on the new build. Lmk if you need a hand. Not with stand building though. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Jun, will give you a ring if anything. haha

also, thanks everyone. i cant wait to start and hopefully can make a beautiful tank.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Come on over judeo I have everything (except wood we can get that when you get here) to build any type of stand you want. I'm pretty sure I can build it in a day. Just let me know what you want the wood to be and a basic style.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Come on over judeo I have everything (except wood we can get that when you get here) to build any type of stand you want in my shop. I'm pretty sure I can build it in a day. Just let me know what you want the wood to be and a basic style.

Come on over judeo I have everything (except wood we can get that when you get here) to build any type of stand you want in my shop. I'm pretty sure I can build it in a day. Just let me know what you want the wood to be and a basic style.

Judeo, Take up on this offer. His stand bulding is superb!!!!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Rob, I will definitely take you up on that offer! ill pay for the materials needed and i can compensate with frags or cash for your services, just let me know! I appreciate it!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
No worries just have to figure on a day. This weekend the family will be away in Rhode Island at a hockey tournament ill be home alone. So it would be the perfect time if you can decide on a style by then.

If you guys need a extra set of hands, let me know. I'd be free to come down on Sunday and help out (It would take me a few hours to get down there though lol). Also, if you need any help setting up equipment, I'd be more then happy to lend a hand :)

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
No worries just have to figure on a day. This weekend the family will be away in Rhode Island at a hockey tournament ill be home alone. So it would be the perfect time if you can decide on a style by then.

sounds like a definite plan. as far as style goes, just looking for a very minimalistic style, almost like an elos stand, if possible.

something like this but on a bigger scale of course.
FoamAndRockReef145.jpg

let me know if it would be possible to do.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Congrats on the build. Subscribed.

Tropic Eden Mini/Reef Flakes* - how many lbs would you order for this size tank? Do you plan on putting in the sand while cycling the tank with rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.