• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

iTzJu's Icecap 60G AIO

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I initially wasn't going to make a build thread for this tank as I was going to treat it like an unwanted step child to slowly ween me off the hobby, but that didn't happen and things escalated quickly. I'm a sucker and I admit that. :hopelessness:

anyway..

Equipment:
Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon with APS stand
Ecotech Radion XR15 Gen 6 Blue
Ecotech MP10
Jebao DCW-1500 Return Pump
MagTool DC Skimmer
ApexEL Controller
Apex Trident
Apex DOS

A lot of the above equipment above were left overs from my bigger tanks that I kept in case I ever decided to jump back in into a bigger tank and hopefully, the next apartment we decided to move into will allow for a larger volume since I am already itching for a bigger tank. I am eyeing the 50 Gallon version of my current tank.

6K5S2T8.jpg

let's see where this goes!! :dance:

It’s looking nice already!!
Are you keeping those anemones in that spot or that’s going to be dedicated for sps? Looks like a great spot for them!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
It’s looking nice already!!
Are you keeping those anemones in that spot or that’s going to be dedicated for sps? Looks like a great spot for them!

im already planning on getting them out and putting SPS there lol, might do an actual nem dedicated tank once i pull the trigger to get them out.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Looks like you saved some amazing corals to start with, can't wait to follow this build and then the 50g one to follow.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So you're weening down to a smaller system supported by Ecotech and Apex to be moved into a larger system, with the possibility of a second species specific tank, as you want to make your way out of the hobby.
Got it. Makes sense.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Let me know once it's acro ready!!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Yes you definitely look like you are weening off the hobby lol! Looks great!
lol right? someday i might be able to kick this addiction.

Looks like you saved some amazing corals to start with, can't wait to follow this build and then the 50g one to follow.

itching for the 50 gallon, its on sale now and makes me want to just pull the trigger. lol

So you're weening down to a smaller system supported by Ecotech and Apex to be moved into a larger system, with the possibility of a second species specific tank, as you want to make your way out of the hobby.
Got it. Makes sense.

when you put it that way, it totally does! lmao

Let me know once it's acro ready!!

lol already have acros bro! my only problem now is real estate.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
is it me or does anyone feel like the new radions gen 6s are not as good as the gen3/4s in terms of color representation and growth?

horseplay

NJRC Member
is it me or does anyone feel like the new radions gen 6s are not as good as the gen3/4s in terms of color representation and growth?
Was not too crazy about the G4 either. I am rocking madreefers 10 year old ocean revive. Think the blue beats out the radion :)

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Was not too crazy about the G4 either. I am rocking madreefers 10 year old ocean revive. Think the blue beats out the radion :)

something about these new gen radions just dont sit well with me. I wish i could use my Atlantiks on this tank since those looked better to me.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
so, i moved to a new apt and decided to go with a bigger thank..

was not fun trying to manage the move and setting this up..

6Ct7Emh.jpg

can someone move this thread out of the nano group? lol

Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
welcome back!! where you move to ??

so, i moved to a new apt and decided to go with a bigger thank..

was not fun trying to manage the move and setting this up..

6Ct7Emh.jpg

can someone move this thread out of the nano group? lol
Let me know when you to come over and get the kung pao and grafted Monti.
They definitely would look nice in the background

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Let me know when you to come over and get the kung pao and grafted Monti.
They definitely would look nice in the background
will do, waiting on things to settle down a bit before i introduce new things. water params are stable but still fairly early on from the transfer