• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jason's 150 build

I thought I share my new build with all of you. I started out with a 55g reef. I was going to up grade to a 75g tank but then thought I would go even bigger. So I ordered a 60x24x25 (150 long) from glasscages.com. starphire front and sides with dual overflows. The stand is custom from a friend of mine. Haven't gotten a sump/fuge yet. I like to do a 40 breeder. one side being a sump other side fuge and the middle would be the return pump. this way I can have different flow rates for each side. Here are some pics. I will keep this post updated as it goes along.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

looks awesome!

I really like that stand, question are you happy with the quality from GC my cousin wants to order a tank from them.

I really haven't looked at it to closely tho, but it appears to be OK. I was a Little weary about going with them but when i was ordering is the woman on the phone said hurry and order b/c the truck fill quickly. That being said thinking to my self if the truck fills up quickly lots of tanks are being sold and if the tanks were that bad there would be a lot more horror stories out there. the truck was full when I went to pick up the tank in Allentown, PA. I'll get a pic of the tank and stand with the door open soon.

Both the tank and stand look great ... hope the quality of the build is what you were looking for. Starfire glass is well worth it.

I agree and you got it on 3 sides that is pretty sweet. Mine is only on the front but you can really tell. At least when you have your face plastered up against the glass. ;D

up date....Just finished my plumbing. water goes in first think after i get home from work tomorrow.....its getting exciting around here!

plumbing2.jpg

plumbing1.jpg

Really clean plumbing!

May I ask what are all those valves for? and the second durso drain what are you going to use that for?

Brando457 said:
Really clean plumbing!

May I ask what are all those valves for? and the second durso drain what are you going to use that for?

The right side overflow is for my skimmer. The 4 other valves is for other equipment such as chiller, carbon, uv light and such. also one is for a drain for my water changing.