• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

JBJ 3gal pico

Tank: JBJ 3gal pico
5lbs live rock
4lbs live sand

Filter: Stock with floss, filled with zeo rocks

Flow: Hydor 240phg power head

Lighting: Orphek pr-25 bulb Day one

a few hours after putting in corals. some zoas, candy cane, frogspawn ( thanks brizjuan) , purple stylo, green stars, some tiny leather tree. Ill post update pics as I add corals

I forgot to add that the Clean up Crew is 1-blue leg crab 1-astraea snail 1- tiny brittle star (came out of a rock) 8- asternia stars. I mite add 2 cerith snails to finish it off.

Nice setup!
I love pico tanks, good luck with it!
Will it house any fish, or will it be an invert only system?

Nice setup!I love pico tanks, good luck with it!Will it house any fish, or will it be an invert only system?
going to try a goby of some type not sure yet. I would like one fish and a few shrimp... I would like to thank brizjuan for the pink and now green frogspawn that I got today. also red fish blue fish for the hand full of frags for the tank..

tested the water today. alk 8 cal 420. mag 1360 I couldn't get anything else to show up on my test kits ( red sea pro and hanna cheker for phos) I lucked out didn't have a cycle due to the rock /sand coming from my other tank.

Sounds like all is moving along nicely.
Sexy shirmp, bumblebee shrimp, or anenome shrimp would be great in that size tank.
a little gobie like a yasha (if you cover the tank), a cleaner, a red headed, or a green banded would be great also.

some pics from last night. I moved the rock around a little bit now im happy with it. So far no problems. I keep doing 3 red cups a day water change every 2 days. the green stylo came from the underside of the mother so this will be a test to see how/if things color up.