• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

JBJ Metal Halide Hood - $40 - Sayreville

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
With a number of people not happy with LED's, this light is for you. This is a hood for a JBJ 24 or 28 with an HQI bulb (Metal Halide). I haven't turned it on in years, but believe the moon lights are not on. I was considering pulling the HQI part out of the hood and installing in the canopy I build, but decided to go LED.

Note that their in a slight deformity from the light getting too hot. Does not impact performance.

$40, pick up in Sayreville.

Last edited:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, I would take it, but not sure when I'll be up in your area. I have 2 lids for that size tank so 1 more can't hurt, lol.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Paul.

I have no idea if I'll be attending RAP, but I'm occasionally up in your area for work. If I'm coming up, I'll try to contact you before I do to see if we can work something out.

And I don't HAVE TO HAVE IT, so if you find someone else to take it before I can get it, don't hesitate. If someone else really does need it then don't feel obligated to save it for me. Just let me know if that happens.