• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

JBJ Rimless 30

So here is my new ordeal. My 28 gallon LED had a small leak that the little drips made their way to my surround sound receiver. There went the first $700. So now i ordered one of the new JBJ rimless 30 gallons with a stand from Fosters and Smith. The thing came all types of beaten up. Literally every single panel looked like this, and then there was the tank.....

Attachments

• GWL 001.jpg
    GWL 001.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 41
  • GWL 002.jpg
    GWL 002.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 41
  • GWL 003.jpg
    GWL 003.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 39
  • GWL 004.jpg
    GWL 004.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 39
  • GWL 005.jpg
    GWL 005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 41
  • GWL 006.jpg
    GWL 006.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37
  • GWL 007.jpg
    GWL 007.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 34
  • GWL 008.jpg
    GWL 008.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 35
  • GWL 009.jpg
    GWL 009.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 37
So now after I call and complain they send me a second tank and stand.....

Luckily Darren has the room to hold my fish and corals for me (some fish died and Fosters and Smith gave me a credit to Live Aquaria to compensate). The 3rd tank is coming on Thursday so I will let you all know how it goes...

Attachments

• GWL 069.jpg
    GWL 069.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 36
  • GWL 083.jpg
    GWL 083.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 35
  • GWL 084.jpg
    GWL 084.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 33
Oh boy. I would of been pretty irked too. All the excitement and joy seeing the package arrive, just to see the condition of it.... yeah, bad day all around!

Your delivery guy really doesn't like you....had similar problem with my refugium that I ordered. Took three times for me hope you have better luck.

To the credit of customer service they have been nice, and I have been also. I know it isn't the girls fault but it's certainly frustrating. I just looked through both boxes that the tanks came in. Each one has different contents, if you ask me that's a fosters and smith problem and not UPS. I have photographed everything so far, from the boxes coming off the truck to where they left them on my step. I can't get an answer if the boxes are good before they leave fosters and smith. I asked the lady to send me a pic of huge boxes leaving the warehouse, which I wouldn't think is a big deal, but she said they don't do that. That would at least narrow it down to a UPS problem. If the boxes come Thursday with damage I'm going to demand full refund and more compensation from live aquaria. I mean, my original order was placed on 10/6 so this is ridiculous.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
I had the same problem with them when we bought my son's 24. When it arrived there was a lot of rattling going on in the inside. It was a customer return and the reason I knew that was because of the RMA still inside of the box. They told me they don't do that but after sending the picture the story changed to "Oh that must have been a mistake".

I have to say they made the whole thing right.

Good luck with the new tank.

Last edited:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Damn joe that sucks. Hopefully you get all the bad reeding karma out before you setup the tank.

Well the tank and stand came in one piece, for the most part. The stand still had some damage on it but it's livable. And the tank has these 2 pieces of glass that cover the top, one of them is broken but I am going to see what F&S will do for that

Got it all set up and did a 20 gallon water change today because I stirred up the old sand and it smelled a little funky, everything cleared up well

Attachments

• Rimless 019.jpg
    Rimless 019.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Rimless 002.jpg
    Rimless 002.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 22
Thanks! I'm really happy with the way it looks. The first one they sent that had damage was a little flake of glass missing from the bottom. I siliconed it smooth and filled it with tap water for a few days. No leaks at all so I tossed it on Craigslist to see if someone will want it. I put down it had damage and stuff, but once the sand is added you won't even know it.