• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jebo R362

Hey all. i am new to the site as well as salt water. located in South Bound Brook. i inherited a Jebo tank model R362. type of set up with the filter in the hood. 25 - 30 gallons, not sure to be exact. it is a japanese company i believe. my question is how do i know if the light system can handle 2 24 inch 65 watt lights? it came with 2 20 watt lights. i currentlty am running 2 24 watt lights. i would like to juice it up so i can begin to grow coral eventually. if any of you have used this tank or know about it thank you very much for your info

joe

supposing it can only handle a total of 40 watts. would that still allow mw to grow low light corals??

quick questions> how many total hermit crabs AND snails can my tank house???

Subliminal

NJRC Member
That really depends on the amount of foodstuffs for them. If you overfeed and have lots of algae and detritus, you could probably keep more than one per gallon. If you have a relatively clean tank you'll probably want to keep it to maybe one per 3 gallons...maybe less.

There is some rule somewhere that says have a snail of cuc that is equivalent to 1 item per 2 to 3 gallons. Since your tank is a 26 Gallon Tank ( I assume ) it would mean you could have about 8 - 10 critters, but be reasonable with their size.

That would be 40 watts total on a tank that is like 26 gallons.. that is about what.. 1.538 something or other watts per gallon, which is pretty low so I would not consider anything other then like some zoo's and mushrooms and even those might not do so well if they are all the way at the bottom of the tank. I really can't say without someone else having tried.

Best bet is to remove the hood and go get yourself a hanging pendant or something in the width of the tank that has maybe a MH and some actinics and moonlights on separate switches if you want to spend the money and have better coral selections.

OH! WELCOME TO NJRC! :) Happy to have you here..

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
MH is not really necessary for a tank of that depth. If you can get 2-3wpg over the tank (even PCs), you'll be able to grow softies in the tank. Certainly with MH you'd be able to grow anything, but the problems increase dramatically as well with a tank of that size.

The ballasts in your hood are probably not rated for much more wattage than you currently have over your tank, but if you were to take the hood apart and look you might be able to get some information on the ballasts themselves that would provide some insight into what they could support.

You might be able to replace those ballasts with ballasts that would support higher wattage bulbs.

Welcome to the hobby addiction, and welcome to NJRC!