• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jenkinsons Aquarium behind the scenes tour

Jenkinsons Aquarium behind the scenes tour
Posted by kschweer
Jenkinsons Aquarium
Saturday, October 8, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, October 8, 2016 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Enjoy the tour,, I wish I could of made it but kids sports are calling me to Brooklyn.... But a stop at the famous L&B pizza will make the trip even better,,, let us know how it was...........Otherwise:worthless

Last edited:
Yes, pics please! I'm SO bummed I couldn't make it. Been sidelined with assisting family in Florida dealing with a freeloader named Matthew. Maybe, we could do this again?... when hurricane season is over? Hope you guys enjoy the three...er...two-hour tour!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Big thanks to Mark for setting the tour up. Both Nikki and I came away very impressed with the whole operation over there at Jenks. They really are doing a lot with not a ton of space and no outside funding. To be working with and breeding several endangered species is pretty impressive including a cichlid species that is extinct in the wild is pretty cool. The reef tanks looked nice and the rest of the place was really nice too. For us reefers, I think the highlight was the upstairs "lookdown" reef tank. It was a gorgeous tank with a lot of fat and happy fish in it. Really nice corals and just very well taken care of.

I think we could probably do this several times a year, just probably not in the summer when the place is crowded. They are looking to do a bunch of upgrades this winter so I will be curious what we will see going forward. Thank you to the folks who joined us afterwards, was a nice little get together as always.