• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jens 28 jbj

So I've been out a while, for Xmas I got a little cash and bought a used jbj 28 cube. As for equipment it has hqi hood I purchased jeboa rw4 for flow and reef octopus ns 80 skimmer. Well that's about it. Running with rock only am looking for a lot pair of clowns, anemone, and some gfrags to get me started . let me know if you have anything. Thanks jen

What sorta frags are you looking for? I can do some orange cap, Idaho grape, assorted paly and zoas, gorgonian....don't have many SPS. Got lots for "unique" Kenya tree.

Havent had any problems with the stand yet, but I am seeing heating issues its reading at 84. Not sure what to do to lower temp? Any ideas appreciated.

That's why I gave up on my daughter nano, every time I looked at it it was over 80 degrees without the heater plugged in! Not sure where you are located but I'm sure I could load you up with frags sps,lps,softies,macro whatever! Doesn't take much to fill a 28g

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We don't have the hqi and we still had heat issues. Have to make sure the fans are working on there. How long are you running the bulb for?

grink

NJRC Member
It's a hike for you. If you work something out with someone and let me know what your interested in if I have it am willing to contribute to get you started again. No charge.

Yep I did that kit for my son. You can find it cheaper for sure though hate to take away from sponsor but.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DGCQK0...95097&creativeASIN=B008DGCQK0#customerReviews

I paid about 100 bucks for it...look around.
So that said it works well low heat (vs PC lighting that is hot as you know what) .
Issues... you cannot put the two strips on different timers since you have one power source.
I think you could put in a cheaper strip as a actinic/blue sunrise sunset. I didn't do that.
You can also have a third light strip. Which I didn't do. We believe it or not have had good luck with a GBTA so far. I do feed it but looks good and has been growing.20150110_101051.jpg Here is a pic of the tank.

is that 150W metal halide? i used to have a 150W sunpod on a 24g aquapod mounted with legs 4-5in above the tank and left on for only 5 hours. my temps in the winter was ok, around 82 most of the time but during the hot summer days, if i didn't have a fan blowing on the surface, i could reach 90 easily. even with the fan, i would reach 86 quite a few times. if you intend to keep the halide, i think you need a chiller. if not, i would drill 4 holes on that canopy and hang it from the ceiling 14-16in above the tank. also have a fan blowing on the surface during the summer. don't turn on the lights if the temp outside is 90 or above.