• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jgraz's march to 200DD

Thx guys.

Can't remember the name or company but it's a vinyl top with solid core. Click together type. I was looking for water proof here since it's the entry from outside, where there may soon be a pool, as well as the aquarium and also my dogs primary playing room.

(I used to install pools for a living when i was younger)

John, if and when you do install the pool, assuming its above ground and assuming you are considering doing it yourself

Go as large as you can, The Pool Factory in Brooklyn has great prices and they sell on Ebay with Shipping included
Once you dig out the spot for it, its not hard to put together, the digging is the part that sucks, the rest is just nuts and bolts
Put a deck or small platform next to it
Remember to bond the pool posts and water
Forget cutting trees down, install a heater
while digging, consider digging a trench for the pool plumbing and switching from hoses to PVC
Last but not least buy a floating drinks cooler

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you decide to go in-ground for the pool, I used Polar Pools. Delivered by truck to your house and went together like an Erector Set. You will need to do two concrete pours for this pool. The only issue I had doing this myself was finding someone to sell me the vermiculite needed for the floor of the pool. Even though it was made locally, they wouldn't let me buy it because I wasn't a pool company. I eventually found a pool company willing to sell it to me.

[QUOTE]Polar Pools Inground Pool Kits are 100% Pure Virgin Polymer.

Installing your own inground pool kit will not only save you thousands, its also fun!
[/QUOTE]

Glad to know it is a virgin....Sure digging the hole will be sssoooooo much fun.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My hole was already there....but you hire that out. There are folks who only dig pools. It's a one day job for these folks to dig your hole.

Now that floor just needs a tank on it! Are you still thinking about the 200dd are you thinking about a 180/220? Thought I saw a 200dd for sale on MR not to long ago.

Well the stand is in the house. Tank is still sitting in my van till I can get some assistance moving this evening.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405019342.491699.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Nice! Best of luck getting everything set up. Should be a really nice system when it's all running.