• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jimmy Kimmel Live!

My girl and I stopped at the Apple Store at the Grove in Los Angeles earlier today to exchange something. (I'm here visiting until Sunday). As I was checking my email on one of the imacs, we were gently asked by one of the associates if they could use the computer real quick to activate an iphone. So we did, and as we waited patiently so I could log out of my email, Guess who now owns an iphone?

DSC00012.jpg

Me in front of the glass stairwell-
DSC00011.jpg

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon... It's pretty cool out there. When I was out visiting my boyfriend this summer we had dinner at this Thai place off of PCH, nothing fancy or anything. But this woman was sitting across from us and I smiled at her and she smiled back. She was sorta pretty but I didn't think anything of it. I got cold and went to the car to get my sweater and when I returned Scott said to me "Do you know who that was?" and I had no idea what he was talking about. Anyway, the woman who was sitting across from us was Kyra Sedgwick, who plays "The Closer" and is married to Kevin Bacon. That was my Hollywood sighting. Scott sees people all the time. Last week he was on the phone to me when he he ran into Adam Carolla in his grocery store and they started talking about which kind of eggs to get. The week before that he saw Tom Hanks on his way to go surfing in Santa Monica.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here are a couple fun Star Sightings I've had lately:

I round the corner of my favorite lunch place to go to "my" table and see Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy from the Sopranos) sitting at the table right next to mine.

A few days later I go to the Police concert at Madison Square Garden and standing in the row right behind me is James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano). Sitting two seats down from me is Mickey Dolenz of the Monkeys. At the preshow dinner I ran into Kevin Smith. It was quite a star-studded couple of days.

concept3 said:
Patriot76 said:
iphone = agony

why? i don't have one only for the fear of breaking it as i'm rough with my cell phone to begin with

You need a good case.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS508ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTU1NTQ5NA&p=2&s=topSellers
I have this one. Drop my iPhone all the time. Just bounces with this case.
I also got this as well for a little added screen protection.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS504LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTM2MTY2OA&s=topRated