• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

John's 75 build

Here we go. Moved to a bigger apartment, and got the opportunity to go bigger, so of course I did! I picked up the 75 and stand from Rod, he also gave me a sump. I cant thank Olivier enough for his plumbing and PVC fabrication skills. Aquatics by Olivier also built my sump for me ;D. Live rock officially went in on 4/5. The equipment
Aquactinics Constellation 7x54 T5 HO, with modded moonlights
EuroReef 80 skimmer
Mag 18 return into locline fan nozzles
Vortech MP20 and Koralia Evo 1400 for flow, until I get another MP for the other side.
75 lbs of live rock, 30 or so base
80lbs live sand
Livestock will be added in a week or so, once the cycle starts to die down. I have 2 pairs of clowns (Onyx/true perc and picasso) 1 purple firefish, 1 black cap basslet, 1 yasha goby/pistol shrimp pair, and 1 yellow watchman goby being added from my nanocube and my bowfront. Anyone see any problems with the livestock additions? I plan on adding the clowns at the same time, theyre my only concern. And now for some pics!

It keeps telling me the upload file is full, anyone have any ideas? The file is alot smaller than the max size.

From photobucket you can just attach the image link and they come straight up.
Sounds like you will have a ton of flow.
Clowns may be a problem think would be hit or miss.

Audi0s said:
Here we go. Moved to a bigger apartment, and got the opportunity to go bigger, so of course I did! I picked up the 75 and stand from Rod, he also gave me a sump. [font=Verdana[color=red]]I cant thank Olivier enough for his plumbing and PVC fabrication skills. Aquatics by Olivier also built my sump for me[/color][/font] ;D. Live rock officially went in on 4/5. The equipment
Aquactinics Constellation 7x54 T5 HO, with modded moonlights
EuroReef 80 skimmer
Mag 18 return into locline fan nozzles
Vortech MP20 and Koralia Evo 1400 for flow, until I get another MP for the other side.
75 lbs of live rock, 30 or so base
80lbs live sand
Livestock will be added in a week or so, once the cycle starts to die down. I have 2 pairs of clowns (Onyx/true perc and picasso) 1 purple firefish, 1 black cap basslet, 1 yasha goby/pistol shrimp pair, and 1 yellow watchman goby being added from my nanocube and my bowfront. Anyone see any problems with the livestock additions? I plan on adding the clowns at the same time, theyre my only concern. And now for some pics!

It keeps telling me the upload file is full, anyone have any ideas? The file is alot smaller than the max size.

You're make my face RED right now. stuff I work on is very standard stuff to every experts in this forum. Smooth Jazz

Heres a quick shot from tonight. Not good with cameras and white balance etc. Although in this shot, its 4 Blue plus and 1 fiji pink.

75reef007.jpg

Looks like a good start John.

Give me a heads up on the cherub angel. I'm iching to get a hold of him. I may pick up a possible mate from AF this week they have some real small ones.

Bigger, more storage (we have an attic) quieter (no other tenants) yet crazier (pitbull puppy) I like it alot more, feels more like a house and not an apt. Plus a park across the street.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
John, so glad it worked out for you!!! It looks good! Now we need to get your puppy to play with mine so they can both get tired and we can get some sleep!!!

Rod

olivier....dude that is awesome! I could use some pointers on my plumbing over here...hahaha

the clowns are all true perculas I believe. picassos are a variation of the true perc and so are onyx (i think).

The only issue might be they pair off the wrong way - one picasso one onyx and not the pair of picassos pair of onyx.

I thought the were occ's. Im pretty sure they were tank bred also so that might help the aggression on their part. The male onyx is very passive, my only problem is the true perc female. Oh well, the picassos are up in the classifieds if anyones interested.

Well I did it tonight. Added the 4 clowns, who immediately swam together in a pack. Theyve been that way for the past few hours or so. There seems to be some aggression from the female perc, but it think shes protecting the male onyx, they picassos are always near him. Anyway, well see how it goes. Im hoping they just take opposite ends of the rockwork, once I get a few RBTs in I think things will calm down.

Yep, theyre in. Checked on them in the morn, still all swimmming pretty close together. It looks like the picassos might split, the perc female seems to have takes a liking to one. The onyx a little further away, and one picasso kept swimming near it. Stressful! Hope they make it.

When we had the tank crash in February, we ended up with all four our our clowns (two picasos, two black & whites) swimming together for about a week and our guys definitely seemed to miss each other when we spit them back up again.
Hope all continues to go well with your group!

Thanks! Heres a crappy pic of the clowns, not good with cameras yet. I guess Im going to need one though, how else can I share?! Obviously this is another aspect of reefing that is rarely acknowledged. ;D

Picassos005-1.jpg

Pics of the few corals Ive brought over so far, these are 1/5 of my acan collection. Red velvets, rainbows, and a white with green rings and purple green mouths.

Picassos007.jpg

And a final shot of the tank. Rockwork is probably close to finished. Thinking about going higher with the left side.

Picassos009.jpg