• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July 2018 Monthly Meeting (erics210 house)

July 2018 Monthly Meeting (erics210 house)
erics210 house
Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
The July 2018 meeting will be held at @erics210 's house

Address: 56 Golfview Drive, Dumont NJ 07628

Bio:
OK, I am Eric and as my Club ID hints, I have a 210 Mixed Reef setup. (erics210)

I think I have always had an aquarium. I see photos from when I was younger and we had simple freshwater tanks. I remember saving paper route money and purchasing my own first tank in the early 1980s. A 55 gallon tank that has housed everything from guppies to oscars and is still in use today. I have always enjoyed the ocean and after snorkeling and diving in Hawaii, Jamaica, and Fiji, I had the chance to start my first Salt water tank.

That adventure started January 7, 2016! I did take it slow. I used the first few months to read, watch videos and upgrade some equipment while eliminating my aiptasia. Then in April of 2016 I attended my first NJReefer club meeting at TSM corals. Amazingly I still have items I picked up that day. Like many other beginners, I suffered some setbacks. Ballasts that died while I was out of state, red slime bacteria outbreak that covered and smothered many of my corals, more light issues. During my time I have gone through a bunch of secondary tanks as quarantine tanks or experiments.

But the one constant was good feedback and support from the club and message boards. Sometimes you need to be talked off the ledge when things look their darkest. I am happy to say that my tank seems to be doing well, and I am sure at least a few people may recognize corals in my display tank. Many of my corals have been raffle wins or extra items left behind at various meetings that no one else wanted.

Notes/Hightlights:
  • I am planning a raffle, I will have some frags as well as a $25 gift card to an online store. If anyone has some cool frags they would like to bring as raffle items that would be great.
  • I will also set up a side table for people to bring extra equipment to sell/trade which seemed to have worked well in the past.
  • It was discussed at Mike and Nicole's meeting that maybe we could have people meet up at "Iconic Aquariums" run by Joe in Tenafly around 11:00 am and start the festivities around Noon at my house. (12-5+) . Joe did mention a discount...not sure of %.
    • Iconic Aquariums 1707, 21 Grove St, Tenafly, NJ 07670

At first I thought I could go then realized today I'm going with my wife to Longwood Gardens for fireworks show at night on 21st ( leave my house by 2pm so at Dumont would have to leave 1pm):apologetic:. Anyone that makes it have a great time!

Enjoyed catching up with you at the Reefapalooza. What a great event. My 235 multitank system is up and off to a great start. The frag tank I got from you is working great! If I am off I will be there man.

erics210

NJRC Member
Gonna start off the trade talks. I am not the best ACRO keeper and was lucky enough to win the Walt Disney Frag last meeting. If someone is coming for the meeting and would like to trade for it, let me know.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Heya Eric!
Thanks for hosting. Its the day of my Bro's 50th (in Lyndhurst) so I may only be able to stay for a bit but looking forward to dropping by.

My kids were unable to play Chutes and Ladders tonight as they have lost all the pieces.
However...
I am willing to trade the board and slightly damaged box for the Disney frag.

erics210

NJRC Member
Heya Eric!
My kids were unable to play Chutes and Ladders tonight as they have lost all the pieces.
However...
I am willing to trade the board and slightly damaged box for the Disney frag.

Glad to have you stop, even if for a only a little while.

Very funny....lol

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Yeah I love living at the shore in south jersey.... until I have to go somewhere
agree. I was shocked last night took the family to ocean city (left around 6:30pm) and it was smooth sailing the whole way. The traffic leaving (as we were going) was jamming. It was nice lol

erics210

NJRC Member
Change of plan with the Disney. Sending him to a friends tank to rebound. In Bad Bad shape.

Last edited: