• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July 2019 Monthly Meeting

July 2019 Monthly Meeting
Mark C's House
Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
July party!
Mark and Carla’s!
On Saturday the 20th!
1pm to 6pm after morning sports chauffeuring!

Hey everyone. We’re looking forward to opening up the house again this summer to any and all NJ reefers. We’re doing the standard frag auction, and we’ll be setting up a few sales tables for folks that want to sell a few items - club flea market style as past couple years.

I’l have some frag racks up in my DT plus a dedicated small frag tank for folks to bring pieces to trade/sell, and you’re also welcome to bring a small frag tank and set up if you like, just give me forewarning so theres space and electrics.

Kid friendly as always (we have a 8yo and a 3yo), with a number of yard games, though the swingset is down a new (small 12’x30”) pool is up. Bring swimsuits and towels (we don’t have a lot of towels). Note the pool is saltwater, so if you need to display something large… if its carnivorous we’ll tell the kids to be careful.

Not going for the full cater this year, I’m going to grind up some custom burgers along with generic dogs. Will be breaking out a number of appetizers and chips, plus cooler s of juice boxes, water, with wine and beer (mostly generic but If I can get out to Kane or Icarus I’ll fill a couple growlers) for the biguns.

Feel free to bring something that you kick ass in making. Drop it on the table and advertise it! Be it soup, chili, salad (of any type), any desert, etc…

Most important, get here - NO NEED TO BRING ANYTHING! Just get your arse here and chat and eat and have fun and win auctions, except for Chris, he doesn’t need to win more auctions.

Lets review:
1. Get here
2. Kid friendly, bathing suits for the pool option.
3. Bring corals to trade/sell, you can even bring a small tank if you like (just let me know)
4. Bring hardware/tanks to sell, its a party/yard sale.
5. If you kick it at making anything, make it and bring it if you like, always space for more food.
6. Bring some cash for the coral auctions from our sponsors.
7. Chris is not allowed to win auctions.

As always, Death-metal music will be played at deafening volume throughout the event.

Hope to see all friends, old and new.

Mark and Carla

radiata

NJRC Member
Mark,

Street address please.

And, any chance you can get some ground-up generic horse instead of ground-up generic dog? I like mine uncooked with a raw egg broken over the top. It goes well with a nice French Cabernet Franc, which I'll bring.

Thanks,
Bob

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Bob,

Addy should be on main page (I think).
Regardless it's 29 Bradley Ave, Brick 08724.

Initial plans for burgers involved inverts to keep a reefer theme, but the mantis shrimp seems to be more efficient than I am at harvesting.

I'm now leaning to short rib/brisket/chuck mix.

I'm in and it seems two out of three kids in tow. I'll work on my eldest and my better half. We'll bring a kid-friendly dessert and watermelon. Thanks!

Also....for trade....I have nice bright orange plating monty, pandora paly's, purple mushrooms, iron man mushrooms, (plus, like everyone else, I have extra kenya tree and green starry polyps). Will post pics closer to the meeting.
Interested in trade/purchase/auction for different color plating monty (blue, green, purple); colorful zoas/palys (especially with blue); frogspawn or torch.

Last edited:

David@wegetkraken

Area Local Reef Club
Sounds like a blast! Wish I could make it, but have prior plans on that date planned months ago. Be a hard act to follow, but looking forward to meeting everyone in August. Have fun!

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I won’t make it. We have some old friends coming up from down south. I hope you guys have a great time!!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
So groups of death metal loving kiddos in swimsuits with cash winning all the auctions away from Chris while we drink beer and eat food? I am not really good at directions. We will be there with our niece and nephew to corrupt a new generation into the world of reefing.