• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July Meeting - Elos AquaStudio New York! - July 27th

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, the frag swap is over and now it's back to business as usual as far as club meetings go.... or is it?

No, it certainly is not! We're happy to announce that we will be trying something new.

We're going to allow some of our LFS sponsors to host club meetings every few months and mix them in with our member-house meetings. We were originally scheduled to have the meeting at HerbieK's house this month, but we were contemplating trying LFS's as hosts and we got an offer we couldn't refuse this month. I guess that's fitting for a store with New York in their name. :cool:

This month, our meeting will be at Elos Aquastudio[SUP]TM[/SUP] New York on Saturday, July 27th from 1PM to 5PM!

Since July 27th is their 1 year anniversary they wanted to plan a party anyway, so they offered to: host the meeting, providing food, give all attendees 20% - 25% off all purchases at the store that day, and... they will also be our Invert Group Buy supplier for this month (so pickup will be at the store / at the meeting). It seemed like a win-win situation all the way around.

We're still gathering more details so info might be changed or added as we get it, but we're very excited for this opportunity. Please check back on this thread for new info and the RSVP link soon.

For now, here's the store info:
Elos AquaStudio New York
533 Millburn Ave.
Short Hills, NJ 07078
201-516-1000
http://www.elosusa.com/aquastudio

Please RSVP Here

Last edited:

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ummmmm George, we don't open until 11am!!! So starting at 9 am would be a challenge. LOL. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure on the opening time so I just guessed 9 AM. I see Mike already fixed it to 1 PM, which is our normal meeting time anyway.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Excellent idea I've been suggesting this for a while now. The meeting we had years ago at in living color was awesome. Ill ask Chris Conti if he wants to tag along.

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Went to the store for the first time today. Can I say sweeeettt! Larry was awesome and so helpful. They are having a 50% off this weekend. Picked up two fish. Acclimating now. Unfortunately, I will be away on vacation, but Larry said he would hold anything I bought until I get back. Did I mention sweeetttt.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't see why kids wouldn't be allowed. But since it is a business location... if you bring your kids, please keep an eye on them to keep them safe and out of trouble.

As of now I haven't heard any restrictions with regards to children, but if I do I will certainly let you know here and on the RSVP page.

Remember if they break it you buy it, that is always the danger with kids.

On another note, the group buy is being worked on. Some details that I can give you.
1.) Group buy will start this week and and with run one week. Fence sitters, dilly dallaliers, and delinquents will be out of luck.
2.) Payment will be required BEFORE the end of next week. See #1
3.) Pickup will be at the meeting.
Some group buy managers have suggested that we cut down on the time wasted so this will be a good test to see how it works.
4.) I will be the manager, when I hear something you will hear it.

Thanks
James