• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

July Meeting - Elos AquaStudio New York! - July 27th

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I’m sure everyone will figure this out…..I just cut and pasted the address off the meeting page….”533 Mullburn Ave., Short Hills, NJ 07078”……and it came back, “no such address.” It’s not Mullburn, It’s Millburn, with an "I"!

I’m sure everyone will figure this out…..I just cut and pasted the address off the meeting page….”533 Mullburn Ave., Short Hills, NJ 07078”……and it came back, “no such address.” It’s not Mullburn, It’s Millburn, with an "I"!
Thank you, I may have not figured that out as I plan on being hungover tomorrow.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Just got back from the meeting. Nice store. They had some serious lps. I picked up a mystery wrasse for 67 bucks. Not bad. He's replacing my beloved malunarus that we recently lost. Looking forward to the next meeting.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Darren and Elos’ folks. First time there and I was impressed….very nice. However, I was expecting a bit more water on the floor. Next time I’ll have to bring my own bottle of water to dump on the floor. :grin:

Just got back from the meeting. Nice store. They had some serious lps. I picked up a mystery wrasse for 67 bucks. Not bad. He's replacing my beloved malunarus that we recently lost. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Nice but on that mystery. I've been looking for one. Must have missed it.

Thank Darren for setting the meeting up. Unfortunately I couldn't hang long today. Thanks for the invert buy as well. Oh and the alternative reef Delhi is awesome. Definitely gonna work more of that into my next build.

Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up. I got my small army of snails, zoas for the grow challenge, and with the 25% off discount, I got some really sweet corals.

I may be sheltered but this is the nicest store I have been to. I'm glad it's an hour away, I'd be broke if it was closer...

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd also like to thank Darren and the Elos crew for hosting such a great meeting. The invert crew was frantically working throughout the entire meeting getting our orders together in between tending to all the customers... and I've never seen Darren move so fast before, LOL. The sandwiches and salads were very good so thanks for providing those. Really awesome raffle frags you provided too ( I won 3 of them! Dance ).

The store looked fantastic and was very well stocked and great pricing too. Just an over all great experience for our first store-hosted meeting in a long time.

Thanks also go to Justin at Reef Gen for partnering up on this one. It was great to see you again and I actually got a chance to talk with you a bit this time around. Looking forward to setting up a club event at Atlantis Long Island Aquarium in the near future! (Stay tuned for that folks, were looking into an overnight road trip up to NY for a day at Atlantis, behind the scenes tour, and possible hotel discounts, etc.)

Most of all, I'd like to thank all the members who came to the meeting, showed their support for a sponsor/vendor, and had a great time with us. Always nice to meet a few new folks and shoot the breeze with the regulars as well. See you all next time.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Great meeting. It was nice to be able to bring my son Josh to his first meeting. Justin and I both agreed the Elos store is the nicest fish store in America.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would like to thank Darren and the Elos crew for hosting such a awesome meeting. The 25% off was just flat out great. I got three new fish and two sand stars. They are doing great! Plus my Inverts and working away.It Was nice talking to Justin again. Looking forward to our trip to Atlantis Long Island Aquarium in the near future!!

Sorry this thanks is so late. Really great store, talk about high tech. Got some great inverts, and a really neat coral. Darren thanks for being such a gracious host. Tanks are sweet, even if you wouldn't snag that dottyback out of the display tank for me hahaha. :devilish:

falconut

NJRC Member
Darren and Company did an excellent job with this meeting. Beautiful store you guys have. Nice to see some of the rarer fish in person. Food was great on top of it. Staff was very friendly, too.

Thanks to everyone involved. Was able to stop by for a little while and picked up a couple things. Nice meeting Darrin and thanks for all your help. Was able to pick up a few things. I second the fact that he (and the other guys) worked their buts off getting the invert orders ready and dealing with customers. Nice to go to only my second meeting.