• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

June 2015 - POTM Contest - Winner! ( fisheye )

malulu

NJRC Member
Congratulations to Peter (fisheye) for winning the June-2015 POTM contest.
Dance

Great Picture!!

Thanks and Best Regards,

NJRC - POTM Committee

POTM - Fisheye -
Red Blue Sea Urchin - iPhone6

THANK YOU FOR THE BELOW MEMBER(S) TO PARTICIPATED IN THIS MONTH'S PHOTO CONTEST!!:

Listing ordered by the submission date/time...

rkalola -
colony of radioactive dragon eye zooanthids

rkalola
- black and white hermit crab wearing shell of CUC

rkalola:
The first coral is a colony of radioactive dragon eye zooanthids. The second is a black and white hermit crab wearing what seems to be the shell of a newly introduced CUC member. First of all, the blue lights were dimmed way down. Pictures were taken with a canon DSLR I borrowed from a friend. I'm not sure on the exact details of the camera. It was a standard middle of the range DSLR with the stock lens. The pictures were taken using shutter priority (the S mode on the manual side of the dial thingy). In this mode, the camera will calculate F-stop (aperture) for you based on what shutter speed you select. I selected a shutter speed manually to minimize blur on the subject and exposure/ISO was increased or decreased on the camera to compensate for brightness while the camera calculated the best aperture (focal ratio aka F-stop) for the particular shot. You can, and should strive to, manually adjust both shutter speed and F-stop. I however am not worthy of performing such masterful feats as my knowledge of the subject is rudimentary at best. There was no post processing done.