• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just an update

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Not sure if folks have noticed my awol from the site but I just wanted to provide a little update to let everyone know I'm still around.

I have not been as active on the site due to my busy schedule. I am still handling the rec side of soccer in my town. That has been taking a lot of my time but I do like it. I want to make sure our soccer program contiunes to grow. Work has also been kicking my butt as I been tasked with major projects. To add ontop of all of that I am expecting my third child early Sept as well as I will be entering the MBA program at Stockton.

65826673_10156797937343778_1515527885257965568_n.jpg

But to show that I am still in the hobby here my latest tank and live stock. I went much larger than my last tank (old tank was 54g and this is about 3,500g). Also I will not be doing corals or saltwater here. I did think about making it saltwater but figured that would just be too much at this time. I will have to say this was a big pain in my butt getting this tank up and running. I first thought my 'stand' was level (or basiclly level) so I setup the tank and filled it. It took most of Saturday to fill. Sunday morning I go out to check and noticed it was putting too much weight on one side (looking to blow out). I drain the tank and Sunday afternoon I started leveling the 'stand'. It took me the rest of Sunday and half of Monday to level the stand . I then put the tank back up and made sure it was level (even though it wasn't 100%). Started filling the tank again and got about 10in of water in and noticed a leak. Rush to the store and get a patch. Repair the leak and continued to fill. Tuesday night (after work) I put live stock in. Let me know what you guys think.

66065878_10156813047118778_184704785096638464_n.jpg