• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

just another contraversal anecdote relating to ick treatment

ok, i'm just throwing this out there, i bought a blue throat trigger from a lfs last week. well, upon looking at the tank, i saw ick on just that fish, last night i very thinly sliced 2 cloves of garlic and put it in the filter sock, today it was almost gone. so today i washed my filter sock, very thinly sliced up 2 more cloves, put them in the clean filter sock at about 11:00am. and as of now (7:20) almost all the spots are gone from that fish. i know this is not any type of empirical proof, and that there is no real evidence to substantiate MY results, and it is nowhere close to following any type of scientific method, but since starting the hobby about 7 years ago this is about the fifth time i have put garlic in the system when noticing ick, and had similar if not identical results... do with this info what you will, and if you disagree with this post, and i know most do, please feel free to post it, but please keep in mind nowhere in this post did i describe this as anything other than JUST MY EXPERIENCE, so please keep it friendly.

I agree.. I started using garlic extract when my tang had black spots on him.. Soaked the food and added directly to the tank and all spots went away. I use it all the time when feeding now. In my experiences it works.

+1 on the garlic extract. I've had ich twice and both times I increased the amount of garlic to find no visible signs of ich a few days later.

I've been seeing this more and more. Good to know, id rather use garlic then copper, tank transfers, and hyposalinity.