• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just found these on a small rock

Wondering how can i move these to a bigger location or should i just leave them there? Oh and what are they?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
dabbda44e29ec56501b4efebf8bc1bf0.jpg

Last edited:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Hard to tell by the picture but I am assuming you are talking about the 4 redish stuff on the small rock in the center of the image. If so they look like mushrooms to me but I'm still learning about corals so hopefully someone who is smarter than I can answer your question.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Common mushrooms. Very invasive. Initially they will stick on original rock then, as they propogate, they may release from the rock to float to a new home. Then each splits, and each of those split, etc...
Had one as a hitchiker in a 90 and within weeks I had 8, covering other corals and wandering about.

I've just downsized from that 90 and any rock which seemed to have any miniscule indication of a mushroom was banished.