• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

just messing

took some shots just to practice
8_07_11_08_9_38_13_4.jpg

8_07_11_08_9_38_13_3.jpg

8_07_11_08_9_38_13_2.jpg

8_07_11_08_9_38_13_1.jpg

8_07_11_08_9_38_13_0.jpg

No i have'nt gotten the macro yet. The lens is the Nikon 28-80 that came with the camera. Any suggestions on improvements?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A tripod (25$ will due), straight through the glass, far enough back so that you are within the focusing distance of the camera. :)

Good job, Bob.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The second picture looks either too close to the coral for the lens or like you're at an angle to the glass. The second to last one look out of focus, so I'm guessing too close to the coral?

Thanks Phyl. You know i didn't notice they were out of focus until you mentioned it. Can't wait for your talk on photography. You are still going to do that at Andy's
I've had the tripod hanging around from the old video days of the kids. Couldn't find the little piece that goes on the camera. Finally found it, that is why i started messing around. (with the camera i mean)
Macro lens may be out for a bit unless i can get a really good deal. Spent to much at the swap ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I saw one on the Nikonian's for sale forum for a good price...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I went looking for a link, Bob and got VERY distracted, lol. I'll see if I can find one for you! :)