• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

juvenile emperor angel is starting to change

here are some pictures of my juvenile emperor angel that is starting to change

May 08
DSCN7300.jpg

DSCN7325.jpg

July 08
000_0290.jpg

000_0292.jpg

Sept 08
100_1504.jpg

100_1512.jpg

100_1513.jpg

100_1511.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. That's great. Very cool that you're able to document the change in progress. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I love Emperor Angels! I lost mine when I removed it from the tank it was in and "temporarily" moved it to my larger system...then had the mysterious fish death in that system! (every fish!)

These pics make me want to get one again...Yours is beautiful! Great documentation too.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
concept3 said:
how is he with corals? i've been itching for years to get one.

FWIW I used to test out corals on my Emperor...Seemed to nip a bit at leathers (but this seemed like just a taste test because he never went back to it), forget about zoo's...ate them like munchkins! Didn't try SPS because the tank wasn't capable of sustaining them.

i have a bunch of mushrooms and some leathers he don't seem too nip at them yet no zoos in there and i don't have the lighting for sps and form what i have heard i would not try it even if i did have the lights but i am going to make it a softy tank again but i am going to see how he does with whats in there first

Wow, I had no idea it happened so quickly...I have heard of few people who have had the fish through the entire transition, you should be proud!

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Nice fish
If I can find pics. of mine as a juvi and you don't mind a hijacking I'll add my pics as well,I'm at about the same stage as you in the color change.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
very nice fish
would love to have one tanks not big enough
thanks for sharing curt

Stunning looking fish! I'm envious, seriously. Are you keeping him with corals, if so, how does he behave with them?

.....never mind, I typed before reading and looking thoroughly. I'm having too many "blonde" moments as of lately. :-[

wow...the yellow is coming in really fast..Ive never seen an emperor change that fast. so are you planning to add any additional angels?