• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kenya Tree

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
The one you had for free

yeah, people kept asking for photos and if I had other corals I was giving away. no one actually really wanted it so trash it went. I like having a few softies in the tank since they take in some po4 but I needed the space in the frag tank.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
yeah, people kept asking for photos and if I had other corals I was giving away. no one actually really wanted it so trash it went. I like having a few softies in the tank since they take in some po4 but I needed the space in the frag tank.

Just got the horse tank up a week ago so probably said nah don't need it. Wasn't thinking ahead.

That sucks I figured someone took it I would of grab it off you

Just picked up a tiny thread of what you said here I had no idea that softies sucked up PO4 more than say other Coral’s. Is this anecdotal or significant? Are there any articles or detail anybody can add here. Sorry but this is BIG news to me. How in the world this is the first time I have put this info together is making my head spin. I realize softies like nutrient rich water and can certainly handle higher nitrates and phosphates. But to the point that it can help PO4. Is staggering info. PLEASE if anybody has additional info. START A THREAD.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Just picked up a tiny thread of what you said here I had no idea that softies sucked up PO4 more than say other Coral’s. Is this anecdotal or significant? Are there any articles or detail anybody can add here. Sorry but this is BIG news to me. How in the world this is the first time I have put this info together is making my head spin. I realize softies like nutrient rich water and can certainly handle higher nitrates and phosphates. But to the point that it can help PO4. Is staggering info. PLEASE if anybody has additional info. START A THREAD.
I've seen this...some people have used xenia corals as a refugium and just harvested them as such.

Soft corals in general prefer "dirtier" tanks....but dirtier meaning higher nutrient levels not dirty like algae infested

Just the purple ones
I will take pic. Funny thing is I have same ones in different tanks. And oddly enough. If I can refer to the conversation about soft corals preferring dirtier or more nutrient water. The one in the High nutrient soft tank (I really need to do a water change) is reddish. But the one in my low nutrient mixed reef is much whiter. Hmmmm makes me think.

Two pictures of the same one. I hope they’re clear enough.

Attachments

• 5B3BF6FF-77AA-46F3-8980-714261BCDC9A.jpeg
    5B3BF6FF-77AA-46F3-8980-714261BCDC9A.jpeg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FAB6AFE6-BDFD-4914-90DC-62F41355049F.jpeg
    FAB6AFE6-BDFD-4914-90DC-62F41355049F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I need to check the l water temp. The stick on thermometer Paulie have me is either broke or temp is below 64. I ordered a digital one, coming tomorrow.