• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

KESSIL AP700 CONTROLLER APP: OIS VS ANDROID

I know my custom SCA 66g ain't coming til the end of may - I guess putting the egg b4 the chicken - but I also posted this thread on R2R. :
Just bought an AP700 and using the android version on my Galaxy Note 4 ph. The app looks & functions differently than what I've seen with the IOS ver. on an ipad/mini 2 or higher. With ios to change times and intensities just touch a point on graph & you can move it to what ever time and intensity with your finger, from what I've seen on YT videos. With the Android ver. you have to touch the 'blue' button showing the 'intensity setting in %, which brings you to another screen to adjust it with ur finger on a 24hr clock. It appears cant't go to template screen & use finger to move desired time point & intensity like on the IOS app. Is this the way it is? It seems like the latter app is so much easier to use. If true looks like I might have to buy a used/refurbished ipad mini to make it easier to control the light. Thanks for any comments/help.

I use IOS for my AP700 but I use the phone app vs the tablet app, for me the tablet app didn’t save my settings or had difficulty IDing my light when connecting WiFi, the IOS phone app I like works great, if I had to say any con it would be that if you use WiFi, your phone may link up with it randomly when in proximity.
Setting times and intensity seems to be pretty simple, multiple files for different settings.
If you plan to go the way of the iPhone app you also might be able to get away with the itouch for convenience.

I’ll get you a screen grab of the iOS app when I get home...
Thanks Dave. Really appreciate it. Was watching a BRS video on AP700, ( i think it was from early 2017) they were using what looked like either an ipad or ipad mini to show control functions for light and it looked a lot nicer than the android version.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
This is the lights interface that allows you to adjust the color and intensity.

Attachments

• 07758DBA-39FF-4933-8B7C-7A1BF0D79880.png
    07758DBA-39FF-4933-8B7C-7A1BF0D79880.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Thanks Dave. Is the ios app you use on an iphone that ur showing me? ur screen shots look exactly like my android app. Because ios with ipad/ipad mini is completely different.
here is ipad app screen shot : * screen next to "program mode" you can use ur finger and touch one of the colored dots & move them around for time & intensity. You can't do that with iphone & android smartphone version.ios ipad kessil ap700 app screen shot.jpg

Here is link to kessil ap700 app for ipad :
Kessil LED Lights

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Yes, iPhone. That’s very interesting, I assumed they were the same. I’m going to install in my iPad tomorrow and see what’s different.

Yes, iPhone. That’s very interesting, I assumed they were the same. I’m going to install in my iPad tomorrow and see what’s different.
Ok great. Let me know if the ipad version is different & easier to control. Also it mentions somewhere on kessil site for ipad here are recommendations :
  • iOS version 8.0 or above recommended.

• iPad mini 2 or newer (iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro) recommended.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
John I cant connect to my lights from the iPad. Do you need to reset and do the process over when you switch between the apps?

Dave

John I cant connect to my lights from the iPad. Do you need to reset and do the process over when you switch between the apps?

Dave
As far as I know, no. But I have android smartph. & then went to an ipad mini4 & installed. Since u have it on ur iphone delete app, turn ur phone off , then install app on ipad. That should work.