• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Keto Postings..wt heck?

Every morning, there is 10'ish posting for CBD gummies which the site admins quickly take down. However, I noticed that these posting have in excess of 20 views. Are the 'real' members here actually looking at them? or is this just the people who are posting looking at each other's post?

Just curious.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Can we just block their IP address ? Or members that make posts like that? Or require new members to do something. Shouldn't be too hard to stop...

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Can we just block their IP address ? Or members that make posts like that? Or require new members to do something. Shouldn't be too hard to stop...
There is a system in place that checks ips, location, and email amongst other things for new accounts. It assigns points to matching ips, similar email addresses and certain locations, if enough “points” are found the user is put into a queue to be approved or denied. This isn’t fool proof but picks up a lot. I recall seeing 13 the other day. The problem with blocking whole ip’s is that it can affect others. We try to keep up with it but sometimes we can’t get to them before they are seen.

Also when deleting these threads and users we use a spam block tool that 1) bans spam account 2) deletes their content 3) searches for other users that share that ip so they can be deleted as well.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
The program should have not allow certain words. the program should have IF (keto, gummies) then {delete} thread

I usually delete 10 threads around 6:30-7:00 AM each morning

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have to talk to Kevin cackler. I have seen an increase of spam lately as well and I’m deleting lots in the morning too. So will see what options we have

Salted

NJRC Member
. I have seen an increase of spam lately as well
I’m experiencing the same thing in my personal email. I average 60-80 spam emails a day and as of the past few weeks I’m now getting 2-3 that don’t get flagged and end up in my inbox. I’m too cheap to pay the $5/month yahoo wants for premium email.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have been seeing much more than usual and not only in the morning now. Deleted about 10 in the am and a ew stragglers through the day.