• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Killin time? I'm gaming, building, and drinking.

I was pretty much a homebody in the first place so think this is easier on me.
My art club closed so we put the monthly show on line for April and getting set for May's too. I'm the one that makes all the flyers and have been working with the Gallery director and web guy to get it all done. It will be posted April 1st. Art Shows
I've been painting and this is my latest that is in that show.
View attachment 28336
Wow that is so beautiful you are a very talented young lady

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
All I managed to do today was a little tank maintenance, took out desktop power supply and ordered replacement, cleaned up the officedesk, started a new brine shrimp culture. A while 2 hours woo hoo!!!

Now seeing if my old LG tablet powers up. The screen is cracked and bought replacement 2 years ago and never bothered with it until now.N
used it for work until I my fat a$$ say in it.

All I managed to do today was a little tank maintenance, took out desktop power supply and ordered replacement, cleaned up the officedesk, started a new brine shrimp culture. A while 2 hours woo hoo!!!

Now seeing if my old LG tablet powers up. The screen is cracked and bought replacement 2 years ago and never bothered with it until now.N
used it for work until I my fat a$$ say in it.
Better late than never about time you got to it I started doing a couple little things to the cabinet I sanded the back of one of the doors I think I’m gonna start a build thread I did one for my last tank on the other website so I think I’m gonna do this one for the NJ reefers which is actually a nicer bunch of people but you’re not supposed to say that Plus I like anybody who respects the ocean and salt water without it we would’ve never been here to begin with

Attachments

• 2F675FBB-C2A8-4E70-B7A5-D25D540378CB.jpeg
    2F675FBB-C2A8-4E70-B7A5-D25D540378CB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 23AF9E96-742C-4C45-80C9-89E8694F0D39.jpeg
    23AF9E96-742C-4C45-80C9-89E8694F0D39.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • A4EEF9C7-13AC-47CB-9FAB-AB7657A2AE3E.jpeg
    A4EEF9C7-13AC-47CB-9FAB-AB7657A2AE3E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I wanted to drag the tank out and start cleaning it. Freaking rain. Can't even make RODI outside :(

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I like the rain at the moment because this is my allergy season. My symptoms are coughing, fatigue, tight chest and dryness :oo: Yep, that's my allergy symptoms...no normal sneezing here

Same here. Lol Two Mondays ago when I woke up I was sure I was dying. My whole body hurt, nose running, nasal drip, a little sore throat from the drip. my wife laughed. She asked if it has anything to do with power washing the house over the weekend and the fact I always forget my allergy medicine until i start feeling terrible. A few days of Advil and Allegra and I was feeling better. I’m glad she’s always right.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
well as some of you know, i deal with pharmacies in hospitals, and we are considered essential. some hospitals allow me in, some dont. just thankful and blessed to still be working. I'm just extra careful and gear up and stay sanitized. wife is working from home. once home we stay home. I run out only if I really need something. I cant wait for this to be over.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Cleaning out the fish room today. Will probably be posting a a few things for sale or trade at ridiculous prices.
We should start a Coronacleaning sale/trade thread.

Also did another 10g water change and dosed Flux for the hair/turf, which is returning. Time to bring out the big guns as cleaning, WCs and vibrant were all only semi effective.
Kalk dosing seems to help now that my paramentes are somewhat stable, ph now fluctuates between 7.2 and 7.4 with current dosing schedule.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Cleaning out the fish room today. Will probably be posting a a few things for sale or trade at ridiculous prices.
We should start a Coronacleaning sale/trade thread.

Also did another 10g water change and dosed Flux for the hair/turf, which is returning. Time to bring out the big guns as cleaning, WCs and vibrant were all only semi effective.
Kalk dosing seems to help now that my paramentes are somewhat stable, ph now fluctuates between 7.2 and 7.4 with current dosing schedule.

Haha started a trade thread before seeing this.

Worked my last paramedic shift last night dress as a condom. Will wait out the next week to see if I'm ok. Lots of sick people out there...Nursing homes are being devastated. Hiding the numbers by under reporting and calling it "pneumonia"

Stay safe everyone. Treat everything outside your home as if it has death on it. Because it might. It's going to get worse.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Worked my last paramedic shift last night dress as a condom. Will wait out the next week to see if I'm ok. Lots of sick people out there...Nursing homes are being devastated. Hiding the numbers by under reporting and calling it "pneumonia"

Stay safe everyone. Treat everything outside your home as if it has death on it. Because it might. It's going to get worse.
Congratulations Mark, now you can hang with the big boys.

Sheltered at home, getting to work up to 1/4 of my usual hours from home; rather get paid less than 1/4 of my hours putting in much more time than that trying to figure out the best route for pediatric physical therapy from afar (developmental motor needs, school-based and early intervention; not injury/rehab/sport). Learning lots about technology and online sharing options.

Online school with my kids; I must admit it's rather humbling at times!

Family bonding; lots of Legos, running a mostly empty track with my 12-year old, lots of soccer and basketball, nightly movie nights with the family, hope to get everyone on the bikes this week.

Watching Lego Masters with my kids and Breaking Bad by myself, took in the first episode of Tiger King

Re-scaped my corals with my wife's input; that was cool. Even keeping up with water changes! Tank looking healthy. Watching lots of BRStv. And loving the corals I picked up at the get-together at @motortrendz place....that was awesome. Thanks again for hosting! Anxiously anticipating @Paulie 069 's throw-down when this is all behind us.

Working on low-cost ideas to up the backyard and basement for fun use by older kids, including us; get the Little Tyke fleet out and re-work the space, put the dartboard up, etc. And maybe clean out that dump room upstairs; would've been handy to have it be an office instead of working in the kitchen.

I need a haircut.

Decreased work is a concern, and it's forcing us to re-set some of our priorities, but there's a blessing/gift in that. Truly a time for family and health first. Hoping this ends soon and we all come out having grown from it. So far I think we're on our way to doing just that.

Stay safe everyone. Hope to see you all soon, healthy and with lots of overly grown-out coral colonies to trade.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
This begins my third week of working from home... It's brutal - first week was fine second week was meh and now I'm just blah - the only thing keeping me going is remembering how boring my weekends are.

I've done a tremendous amount of tank maintenance and Apex legends playing.

My boss at work is becoming very nagging and assuming more work should be done since we're home with nothing to do - not the case buddy. I work the same hours and that's it. I work in commercial construction as a project manager so there is a LOT of paperwork and meetings that can still happen. I'm shocked NJ has not followed suit with NY and closed jersey construction yet. My job is still opening and booming

For me the worst part of it all is not living with my gf yet who lives 45 minutes away.. I'm the needy type lol and I've not seen her in over a month now other than a quick 5 minute drop off of supplies. I'm losing my mind

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
A
This begins my third week of working from home... It's brutal - first week was fine second week was meh and now I'm just blah - the only thing keeping me going is remembering how boring my weekends are.

I've done a tremendous amount of tank maintenance and Apex legends playing.

My boss at work is becoming very nagging and assuming more work should be done since we're home with nothing to do - not the case buddy. I work the same hours and that's it. I work in commercial construction as a project manager so there is a LOT of paperwork and meetings that can still happen. I'm shocked NJ has not followed suit with NY and closed jersey construction yet. My job is still opening and booming

For me the worst part of it all is not living with my gf yet who lives 45 minutes away.. I'm the needy type lol and I've not seen her in over a month now other than a quick 5 minute drop off of supplies. I'm losing my mind

Also forgot to mention I was supposed to be on a week long cruise with her this week so it's extra depressing to think of where I should be