• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Klir Filter vs Clarisea vs Rolltermat

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Again this is a full siphon. So it’s taking 80% of my tank water. So I’m pretty impressed at the clarity.

But my concern is some coral don’t look to happy. I think I may have to turn down the light.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Hey guys just updating this. So the first 2 rolls went in a month. But I’m on my 3rd roll. I raised the float switch a little to make the unit a little less sensitive.
now for a about over month now the water is crystal clear and the roll is still going strong.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Yup. Heat!!!!!

My bsmt is sitting @ 80 degrees right now. While my upstairs is 71 and calling for heat.

So therefore my tanks are in the 83s.

Yeah that would do it 83 is a little on the warm side. What you going to do set up a chiller or just let it ride.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Trying to ventilate bsmt better. Chiller is definitely last option.

A bsmt chiller makes no sense at all. Lol

Last edited:
How's the klir working out trying to see if I can get Santa to bring me one for Christmas.

I keep reading how clear everyone says the water is with one of these. Is it as clear as running carbon? Trying to simplify my setup and if it will take the place of carbon that would be a plus.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
i love my clarisea. order at least 4 rolls
you will go through the first two really fast and then it will slow down to once a month