• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lace Rock

i just bought 10lb of lace rock. it always has some awesome shapes. the question is has anyone had used this in their tanks with any positive/negative feedback?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We used it in our display for years. It really had fantastic shapes. Much better than the Florida rock that we bought (the boulder looking stuff). Once it colored up the lace rock couldn't really be "picked out" of the crowd. We changed it all over for Marco rock later, but only because I LOVE Marco rock.

I still have a bucket full of lace rock here that we're not using anymore.

thanks for the info phyl. your awesome.

your too far for me to buy it from you. would have definitely been interested!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have plenty of lace rock available as well. I had 200lb in my fresh water tanks.
Location is - 08831.

our 55 is mostly lace and the shapes are great. only thing is it's heavy and not that porous like the Marco or live rock. no negatives to using it though

monroereef. i am extremely busy type of person. family wife and two kids, work, and soon enough college in a few weeks. then to add in the 29biocube unfortunately hard for me to drive anywhere outside of a 25-30minute vicinity.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
It is OK dude. Just wanted to let you know it is there if you want it.

Sunny