• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LBI Crabbing & Fishing??

Haha, yea we caught lots of chicken too! And I prefer the sport of the hand lines too. We used hand lines with net, 2-door box traps, triangle traps (look like a pyramid with 4 triangular sides instead of a normal box shape) and we also had a few that were sort of like a mesh net with different sized metal rings (they lay flat, but as you pull the string, it opens up like a basket). So 4 methods in all.

Oh, and I think I spent about 2 full hours of my crabbing time fixing broken strings and stuck trap doors, lol. I swore when I left that next time I'm going to make my own traps and leave those junkers at home. :mad:

ringtraps are the circular ones.

topless traps are also very popular since you can stack 15 of them together and it only takes up 4 feet of space/1 square foot wide.

B74346EB-1852-403B-8E79-D3D3FD258800_zpsqt0tvtqy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
D51A704A-E301-48EF-B456-987E64D7C691_zpscp3rwwr2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We didn't catch anything the one morning we went out.

That boat in the first picture is from the beach replenishment that is going on.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looks like they had a blast. Great pictires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk