• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LCD TV Wall mounts?

My brother and I just bought my parents a Sony Bravia 46" KDL 46v5100 LCD TV. Great tv, we got it from buy.com for only 850 with shipping! We surprised my parents with it as a late anniversary gift. At first my mom flipped out before consulting her. After we set it up the smile on my mommy's face was priceless. My father felt a little "demasculated" after it was shipped to our house LOL. We just got FIOS to send us some HDMI cables. Its sitting on a TV stand but we really want to put it up on the wall. We were looking to get a mount that would pull the tv out away from the wall and turn/tilt in a good enough distance so my mom can cook and watch the tv.

|tv ---> | facing this wall
| |
| |
| |
--------- right here, there is a half wall with a counter top seperating family room from kitchen..
stove |
|
|
|

sorry for my horrible attempt at drawing out plans, but i hope you get the idea..anyone know of a place where i can find a nice wall mount?

I bought mine on Overstock...
It was a universal one that does a 15 degree tilt..
It was cheap like 50 bucks and cheap shipping also..

My LCD is a 42" sharp aquos if that helps for comaparision...

Here's a link to get you started....

ah, the drawing was horrible lol.

tbone-hey thanks ill give them a try..i havent seen a mount that pulls out from the wall and rotates yet..

vangvace- monoprice seems like a great site! thanks, ill look into this!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you're in the Hazlet area. On rt 36 Airport Plaza, theres an electronic store there called IEI. They have different ones in stock.

I installed a wall mount telescoping arm for my LCD in my basement. I attached it right to the cinder block.

I would just caution how you mount telescoping arms.

The screws they provide can be sub par, and the directions will sometimes lead you to believe you can mount these in ways that will certainly not work in the long term.

I would hate to see your mother's new tv come crashing to the ground.

Hawkeye said:
FIOS is in your area!? dang...i wish they'd come here. ::)

My wife is counting down the days until we (and by we I mean she ;)) returns to Comcast. She really hates the fios tv guide.

vangvace said:
Hawkeye said:
FIOS is in your area!? dang...i wish they'd come here. ::)

My wife is counting down the days until we (and by we I mean she ;)) returns to Comcast. She really hates the fios tv guide.

i hated it at a point, but it took some time getting used to..