• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED bracket

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The only concern I'd have would be if the side clamps didn't go around the black aquarium rim....it looks more suited for a rimless tank

Does look nice though

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The only concern I'd have would be if the side clamps didn't go around the black aquarium rim....it looks more suited for a rimless tank

Does look nice though

It does say. It sayes 0.9 diameter or smaller. Some did place on a 46bow. They somehow cracked the glasd. I assume from over tightening.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
See if there's a youtube video on it, in case somebody else is using that fixture

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I have seen similar with PVC. How does it stand up? The ones I saw on YouTube did not seem very sturdy or secure.

Not 100% The one I saw that I like (but couldn't find it again) had legs that went on the sides of the tank. You could also screw them to the stand in the back or even the wall. Nice is you can run the wires inside the pipe to hide the wires.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not 100% The one I saw that I like (but couldn't find it again) had legs that went on the sides of the tank. You could also screw them to the stand in the back or even the wall. Nice is you can run the wires inside the pipe to hide the wires.

Some people complained that the PVC still spun even when secured with brackets. They could have used different ones to ensure it's secure. My biggest concern is the weight of the light. I would not want a large circumference PVC as that could look unsightly. How would I determine which size PVC will hold the light without bending?

Some thing like that
c65ef0bbb66bfaa5d4a15c1590996903.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Some people complained that the PVC still spun even when secured with brackets. They could have used different ones to ensure it's secure. My biggest concern is the weight of the light. I would not want a large circumference PVC as that could look unsightly. How would I determine which size PVC will hold the light without bending?
If you went metal pipe I don't think that would be an issue

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I built my 10 year old a stand for her 40g. I did a diy aluminum pole, bent it, sprayed it black. It is attached with a bracket. It stays where I put it and I can push it out of the way when I work in the tank

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9