• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

led light opinion

Old tech IMO

Go check out the ocean revive LEDs.
Model S026 if you trying to save a few buck or the T247 controllable version for about $50 more each.

Three of them and your good to go. You will not be disappointed.
http://oceanrevivellc.com

Unfortunatly I do not have a current FTS. But if you look at my 90 tank thread you will see many pics of my corals under these lights.
On a 6ft tank I think you would need 3 lights. They have threads up on both R2R and RC and are very fast to answer any questions.

falconut

NJRC Member
I agree with jgraz, those look like non-dimmable white/blue older technology LEDs. I'm also running the Ocean Revive Arctic S026s on my 90. Highly recommend them for non controlable LEDs. I just use timers, never had a controller. I've had them running for about 5 weeks. Here's a FTS of them running about 50% blue/40% colors after a month, they're probably around 55%/45% now. I bump a little each week.

I've got two over my 90 (48"x18"x24"tall) and they seem to be doing great. Daniel has the OR T247s and he's running 4, but could probably get away with 3. So, I imagine you'd need 3 over a 6' tank.

Nice thing with the dimmable LEDs is that you can slowly adjust your corals to them easily and also it allows you to dial in the best visual color. My SPS have been showing new growth, so they seem happy.

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I have 3 of the S026 over a 6x2x30 tank. The lights are great for the price. Very good penetration right to the bottom. I am going to be adding a fourth eventually to get a little better coverage. For a 125 3 would be perfect. I've had them since the day their website went live. No problems and very quiet.

Looks like a good value. I'd just add that based on the specs with 12k and blue actinic coloring, it's a light that will tend towards a blue look so if you like that it'd work. It seems to have a lot of power so in that regards two seems like enough, but it depends on the spread of the light - probably three.

I'm using Eco techs radions and I love mine. Every color is adjustable to what you like or they have presets you could choose you could set up a 24 run on them. The features are very user friendly plus they do gave a setting if you have two or more lights you can have sunrise n sunset which is realy cool. I think with my led running from 8am - 10pm they still are cheeper by $40 a month then my t5s and I run them at 6-7hrs a day they expensive upfront

I just bought reef radiance lumentek 240 pro for my36x18x21. I really like the light. The inboard controller ramps up in 10 minute intervals and has 3 channels. I don't even notice them ramping when I am in the room. The unit is 30" long and they say is good up to 48" tanks. I run mine at 30% tops and is full spectrum. At 399 delivered and a 2 year warrantee how can you really go wrong? I would have needed 2 Vegas to cover the same area on my tank.

The other thing I wanna say is the radions are able to replace up to a 250w MH fixture . So if you break it down dollar for dollar they are cheeper