• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED Lighting - Are we greatly over estimating their abilities?

I have the Evergrow D2120's over my 55g breeder tank and I always ran them at 30% colors 70% blue only 8 in from the water, always been debating on removing the 90 degree optics but never really touched it. I was also debating switching them for T5's but I might as well try to remove the optics and see how it goes! Ill let you know if I see faster growth then usual.
My Schedule is Blues: from 12pm-12am| Whites: 2pm-10:30pm.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Well I did it took the leap today and built a canopy and now I have t5 led Combo.
I went with 36"-39 watt bulbs right now I only have two coral plus, I didn't have end caps for the other two bulbs. Here is a picture without t5 and then with.
Hopefully my corals will like the change. The fixture in raw wood right now and probably after christmas I will put the finish on it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I like the accent lights around the bottom of the tank what sort of par do they give off?:D It is also nice that you included a small TV for the fish to relax and watch.