• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED lighting for a 55 gallon (48-inch) tank.

Hello NJRC,

Looking at the options available for an LED light to support a FOWLR (Soft Coral) tank. I have narrowed down my options to three choices. Features I am looking for include a low profile tank mount, dimmable and moonlight capability for a reasonable price (< $300.00) range. I do not think any of these options would stand alone and would require supplemental lighting if I choose to keep more demanding corals. An Aquarium LED Light ReefBar could be added later if more light is needed.

Question: Do you have any experiences with the lights below? I am a bit put off by the lighted control panel of the Orbit but overall this is the one I am leaning toward. The Ecoxotic has a manual dimmer unless you get the controller but it seems like a good option as well. The Aquatic Life runs at 70 watts and provides ramp-up programming with a nice low profile integrated controller. I am not sure about the lighting for a reef tank but seems like a slick option also. Help… decisions, decisions… :confused:

Details:
Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light
• 46 Watts, fully programmable with ramp-up and moonlight features.

Ecoxotic Panorama Marine Pro Led
• 50 Watts, programmable (w/controller) dimmable, and moonlight capability.

Aquatic Life LED Aquarium Light Fixture
• 70 Watts, programmable with ramp-up, dimmable, and moonlight capability.

Thanks!

2 units for $246? If so I would like to get some feedback when you put them up.

Sunny

Installed my lighs, 2nd day today and I can see changes on my corals already...my favia used to be flat all the time, now looks more bulky....let see in the long run...

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

falconut

NJRC Member
I've got (2) Ocean Revive Arctic S026's on my 90 gallon (48" Long). They are dimmable, just no moonlights and if you didn't want to hang them you'd have to make something. But they are a beautiful fixture, very thin and width for even spread. I believe two are going for $350 on their website. You could also go with their Arctic T247 with built in timers for $400. A few of us on here have been using one of these and have been liking them. Plus they'll grow anything you want if you add different corals, clams, etc. later. Just my opinion, good luck with your choice.

I've got (2) Ocean Revive Arctic S026's on my 90 gallon (48" Long). They are dimmable, just no moonlights and if you didn't want to hang them you'd have to make something. But they are a beautiful fixture, very thin and width for even spread. I believe two are going for $350 on their website. You could also go with their Arctic T247 with built in timers for $400. A few of us on here have been using one of these and have been liking them. Plus they'll grow anything you want if you add different corals, clams, etc. later. Just my opinion, good luck with your choice.

I'll second these as well. Great lights IMO

No noise at all, I'm very happy with the lights..

Here's a pic, not so good it's a cell pic.
avegy7aj.jpg

Great feedback but I am not sure about hanging LED's since I do not have a canopy. I have seen 3 watt LED lights that are tank mounted and cheap (Green Element EVO) but they tend to have the disco look to them and are not as powerful.