• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED lighting for a 55 gallon (48-inch) tank.

falconut

NJRC Member
Great feedback but I am not sure about hanging LED's since I do not have a canopy. I have seen 3 watt LED lights that are tank mounted and cheap (Green Element EVO) but they tend to have the disco look to them and are not as powerful.

You don't have to have a canopy to hang them, plus they don't give any sort of disco look. They are a full power LED, but can be dimmed to whatever level you'd like, so not to overpower your corals. They come with a heat sink & fans and run very cool. The fixture only seems to get about 2 degrees hotter than the air temp. As you can tell, I really like these lights.

See this thread: http://www.njreefers.org/showthread.php?86499-Ocean-Revive-ArcticT247-LED/page3 Daniel has four of the T247s mounted with two rails and the supplied hangers.

Since I have just 2 fixtures I used the 4 supplied hangers. Here's what mine (S026) look like. And the ballast to the right is for my old VHO bulbs.

I've been very impressed with them and think they look great, plus the price was right for me. Good luck selecting.