• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED Mount opinions

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
After searching the rails, arms, mounts etc. are a bit out of my price range right now. So was looking into a DIY rail. I was thinking of something hat sits on top of the tank about 10" or 12" high. The tank is a bow front so not sure the best method. It would have to be 48" long and 7" to 7.5" wide with support about 15" long. Looking to make one piece for both lights. What material would support this, if any?

Other option is to make an overhang from back of the floor to over tank. I don't have much to mount it to except for the 1" would between tank and stand.

Any suggestion appreciated.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm assuming no canopy.

Probably the least expensive are two shelf brackets screwed to the wall....and use the cable hangers that came with the light.

7f7ab080-620f-412f-901d-5606179627ed_1000.jpg

For more than one fixture, separate the shelf brackets and attach a thin board between the two brackets and attach the fixture to this board. You could also use a "closet" bracket and run a bar between the two brackets.

7d9bf09f-60bc-4209-a825-39ac057b975b_1000.jpg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
two great ideas above. I was going to suggest making a rack out of PVC and painting it to make it look nicer. You could even drill holes in the pipe to run the wire for hiding them.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member