• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Led strip lights

I have the 35 biocube with lid on and stock lights. My question is do these strip lights work if i cut them and stick them under the hood. Are they worth it? I found a complete set on Amazon for 19.99, but skeptical about hooking them up
LEN Led Strip Lights 16.4 Feet Waterproof 150LEDs 5050 RGB Light Strip Complete Kit

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
might be more money but if you are just looking for lighting and nothing to grow corals. Check out the Philips HUE lights. They can change colors. You can cut them. If you have a smart home device you can use your voice to control them. Here a video of mine when I had them in my stand -

Thanks guys...i dont think ill get them then...i wish i was mechanically inclined to change the stock ones...i cant go topless cause my black cap goby, whos very suicidal wouldnt last a night. And i really like him.even though hes giving himself a concussion all the time.. they must have hard heads