• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LEDS SYSTEM BULID

I already built a LED light system for myself but with the cost of 1 units is quite expensive. if we have a group buy, the price will be more affordable. I can do this because it comming from my work related project otherwise, i just go and buy the one on the market instead of built one for myself.

I would be really interested in a group buy as well ... and if possible even a group work shop. I have handled soldering irons,resistors,capacitors and a bunch of other "ors" during my electronics engineering lab in undergrad but that was nearly 6-7 yrs back.

There seems to be some interest in a LED build as it is. Why cant we just collaborate so that we can all share our moments of enlightenment together and are not alone to burden the blues. (please please notice the attempted pun).

Seriously though, if there is an interest I can shoulder the work of organising the group workshop. Let me know.

gogol said:
I would be really interested in a group buy as well ... and if possible even a group work shop. I have handled soldering irons,resistors,capacitors and a bunch of other "ors" during my electronics engineering lab in undergrad but that was nearly 6-7 yrs back.

There seems to be some interest in a LED build as it is. Why cant we just collaborate so that we can all share our moments of enlightenment together and are not alone to burden the blues. (please please notice the attempted pun).

Seriously though, if there is an interest I can shoulder the work of organising the group workshop. Let me know.

Oh lord THIS!

I'm not handy with DIY projects due to time constraints. But I so much want to turn my biocube into a LED solution, but not having to pay nearly double of what I paid for my Cube.

I have seen two seperate experienced reefers bleach many corals they have put under powerful LEDs, they both believe they are way more powerful than they thought. Can these things be raised if you end up with such a unit to tone them down a little?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Also Tagging along I think it would be cool to have a demo-workshop speaker meeting about LEDs. If anyone has information about who could do this type of workshop please let us know.

Henrye718 said:
I have seen two seperate experienced reefers bleach many corals they have put under powerful LEDs, they both believe they are way more powerful than they thought. Can these things be raised if you end up with such a unit to tone them down a little?

I had to start all my hard corals at the bottom of my tank uner LED or they would bleach.

Edward771 said:
Also Tagging along I think it would be cool to have a demo-workshop speaker meeting about LEDs. If anyone has information about who could do this type of workshop please let us know.

Evilc66 from nanotuners and nano-reef would be the best speaker I can think of on the subject. The downside is that he lives in Michigan. :'(

Henrye718 said:

Yes, in particular for DIY setups you can build a dim-able fixture. There are a few companies that sell setups that are fully programmable to simulate weather lighting conditions. The price though is... :eek: