• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Left my Kalk valve on 24hrs, my ph increased to 9.19

:'( Woke up today after working all night, haven't seen my system in 24 hrs. PH 9.19! 50 gallons of ro with kalk. :mad: I turned on my Kalk/RO, put a rubber band on my hand to remember it was running. Only wanted it to run for 5 minutes. Then I went off to work.
Dumb Dumb Dumb.
I was in shock to see my ph 9.19, I wanted to vomit. I lost all of the color in my face. All of my tanks were filmy with white kalk. The water diluted from 1.027 to 1.023, not too bad. But the ph is beyond high. I have been gradually decreasing the ph with vinegar for 6 hrs, now I am going to sleep, leaving it be. Ph is 8.5. Polyps are back out on some corals, all of my zoos look great, the fishes and other inverts were fine. SO FAR. My frag tank doesnt look too goood.\
I am so stupid sometimes, this is bad.
Darn. Never got to hook up my auto topoff, that would have shut off everything. I have been changing my plumbing, but didnt finish. Aqua controller pro still not hooked up to my kalk reactor.

I still dont know where my rubber band went. I feel sick.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Not to worry. It will all be ok. I bet you'll be surprised. {{{hugs}}}

thanks for the hug. i needed that.
i think you are right, i got up at 2am to check on things, my tank in the family room looked good, all acros looked happy with fpe. then in the basement, the zoos were all sleeping, so i couldn't tell, but nothing looked different. the frag tank is so white and dusty, everything is coated in white except the sps skin. so many have fpe. what a scare.
when i first discovered this, i just ran down to get a tool to fix one of my twins scooters. if passing by, i always look at the ac pro and think about what i am looking at, orp, conductivity, temp, ph. and at first i couldn't process. i thought ::), that is an odd number. what is the number supposed to say. oh well, something is dangling out of the water. then it all hit me. :eek:
i am shocked my sps can handle such a high ph. glad it wasn't low at that proportion!

Thanks Ed, I think they are pretty hardy. They look ok this morning. The only thing that looks really bad is the pulsing xenia. I know that is like a weed, and I could always get more if they die. THey are suprisingly more delicate than people think, and they travel really poorly.

Oh man, do I know that "sick" feeling! I'm really glad to hear everything is OK so far. Hey, maybe the corals got a super dose of Ca and will grow faster!

malulu

NJRC Member
agree...
;)

Renee,
Hope everything do get well...
:)

jimroth said:
Oh man, do I know that "sick" feeling! I'm really glad to hear everything is OK so far. Hey, maybe the corals got a super dose of Ca and will grow faster!