• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!! (Contest)

Green Star Polyps Vs. Yellow Polyps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Taking a page from Sunny's book, I've decided to start a contest of my own.

This contest will put corals against corals in the ultimate death match! Over the last 5 years of being in the hobby, I've seen a few battles play out in my tank. There is only one winner in a coral war and it is up to you to choose who you think won.

This is how the contest will work:
I will post a poll with two corals that have gone toe to toe in my tank.
You will vote for the coral you think was the winner.
Voting will run for two weeks and at the end, a winner will be randomly chosen from those who chose the correct answer.
You must post your vote as well as vote in the poll.

The winner will get one frag of either of the corals in the contest. Soft, LPS and SPS corals will be included in the contests, so stay tuned for some nice future match ups!

This one is just for fun for people to get use to how the contest will work, but if the winner wants a frag of either I will be more than happy to give the winner one. Voting will run till Sunday March 3rd.

So now without further ado Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!! :nervous

Here is our first match up:

In the Blue corner we have "The Terror of the Take Over" Green Star Polyps (GSP)

In the Red corner we have "The Masters of Disaster" Yellow Polyps

I am definitely going green star polyps. Had them burn an acro and smother/kill blue green palys! At the time of my gsp removal, they were working on a blasto....saved him though.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
When to be clear here. Is your question which will overtake the tank or if the corals touch each other which would survive?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
When to be clear here. Is your question which will overtake the tank or if the corals touch each other which would survive?

Given the chance they will both take over a tank, the question is which one will survive an attack against each other.