• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Let's talk about bubble algae

Good morning fellow reefer, I was cleaning my glass before a water change and accidentally hit my frogspawn with my cleaner, oops. So it deflates a little bit exposing a horrific sight.

Anyone see it?

How about now?

The whole inside is covered with bubble algae. I'm no stranger to the stuff I've set fire to it in the past so I'm just wondering how you guys deal with it.

1. take that piece out
2. in a separate container, manually remove everything
3. empty the container, refill, dip and use a tooth brush to clean the skeleton/rock
4. dip again
5. place back in tank

Does anyone else have an issue with bubbles hiding in your coral? I pulled my trumpet and that was also loaded. I hate this stuff

Had a trumpet that was harboring cyano ,never bubble tho. Just get arsenal of smaller emerals and manually remove as much as u can. I have had large emeralds go rouge and start tearing apart zoa polyps he was a massive one tho.