• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Leveling a tank help

kevin

NJRC Member
I've never did this before. I bought composite wood/plastic shims. I have it leveled on the sides, but the front is not level. If I put the level on the actually tank itself on the sides or front it is not level. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

IMAG1037.jpg

IMAG1036.jpg

Left side stand
IMAG1029.jpg

Left side Tank
IMAG1030.jpg

Middle Stand
IMAG1032.jpg

Middle Tank
IMAG1033.jpg

Right Stand
IMAG1034.jpg

Right tank
IMAG1035.jpg

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't trust the top trim of the tank it's put on with silicone and might not sit true to the tank. I check the stand and the bottom glass pane of the tank. I use the bottom trim as a quick reference.

kevin

NJRC Member
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow! Unfortunately, my time to spend on the tank this weekend has been severely shortened!

I live near by if you need a hand, also I wouldn't use a bullet level. Those are not always correct, go with a 3 foot level at least. Also I would get rid of that composite in between the tank and stand.