• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LFS in tomsriver?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Not much in Toms River. I would look up ultimate corals who is a sponsor here, he is in Jackson which might not be too far. The petco in brick is probably one of the top petcos in the country

Not much in Toms River. I would look up ultimate corals who is a sponsor here, he is in Jackson which might not be too far. The petco in brick is probably one of the top petcos in the country
Unfortunately brick Petco remodeled an cut there huge saltwater section in half still good just not as big as it was. There frag tank used to be well stocked .. its alittle lacking these days

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
There frag selection can be hit or miss, but when I was there this past week it was a hit and they had a bunch of ORA frags at great prices, which of course means I bought a few. The fish section is smaller but I thought it was setup better and we went home with a pearly headed jawfish. Still great store, but like any LFS depends on the day you are there.

There frag selection can be hit or miss, but when I was there this past week it was a hit and they had a bunch of ORA frags at great prices, which of course means I bought a few. The fish section is smaller but I thought it was setup better and we went home with a pearly headed jawfish. Still great store, but like any LFS depends on the day you are there.
That sounds better then the last time I was there. I remember befor the remodel they had a huge inventory of fish and decent frags the last time not so much but I'm glad to here they turned it back around

Looking for a good store to get some frags from
The best place is Ultimate Corals in Jackson. Only 20 minuets from Toms river. Marks is friendly, knowledgeable and fair. Al;l of his frags are healthier than Petco could ever hope for\. And his prices are great.
You wont be sorry...I just got home to Delaware from visiting our grandkids in Toms river and stopped at Ultimate Corals on the way home

Thumbs up to ultimate. But if you want to have fun and see what’s out there. You really need to get out there. Shopping locally is certainly convenient and you absolutely will get great stuff. Personally I Love to visit different shops. I often make trips of it And will go to 3-4 even five places in a day. And when we are on the road. Any where. Could be 100 miles from home it is not uncommon for us to simply look up what’s local and just go in. Sure sometimes it’s a bust. But more often than not I see something I never saw. Or something I’ve seen plenty. But not as nice. Or different. For me it is a fun extension of the hobby. I feel limiting my sites to just local. Is limiting the whole experience. Happy reefing all.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thumbs up to ultimate. But if you want to have fun and see what’s out there. You really need to get out there. Shopping locally is certainly convenient and you absolutely will get great stuff. Personally I Love to visit different shops. I often make trips of it And will go to 3-4 even five places in a day. And when we are on the road. Any where. Could be 100 miles from home it is not uncommon for us to simply look up what’s local and just go in. Sure sometimes it’s a bust. But more often than not I see something I never saw. Or something I’ve seen plenty. But not as nice. Or different. For me it is a fun extension of the hobby. I feel limiting my sites to just local. Is limiting the whole experience. Happy reefing all.

I hear you Matt. I do the same. Last year in FL stumbled a cross a small LFS with nice frags and good prices. I am going on Vacation to FL 1st week of Dec and will be bringing a small cooler; just in case.

Aquarium Care Center

Sponsor
Gold Sponsor
Looking for a good store to get some frags from
Sorry I missed your question

Congrats for joining the club! Aquarium Care Center is also a sponsor and we are located in Ocean NJ. We have frags ranging from $5 and up. We match prices and always offer great deals with high quality. Hope you stop by. Hey we also have a website where we can ship you product and livestock. www.aquariumcarecenter.com. My name is John and if you need any help give us a call at 800-519-9211 we are always here to help. We just finished up a great Salt buy for the club as well so we are always trying to shake it up.