• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LFS you shop at

I hadn't been there in a year or two but I stopped by TSM last weekend and was even more impressed with their fish handling/quarantine proceedures. Definitely can buy with cofidence that you will take a fish home that has a leg up in doing well in your tank. They also lots of rare fish... there had to be at least 6 interrupta angels in QT. POTO is a little bit of a hike for me but also has quality fish and nice corals.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

My LFS is Ocean Image Aquatics. One of the last remaining, extremely reliable reef stores in Northern NJ. As you all know, the meeting is being held there this month, so not much to say but come check it out and give your own opinions! He definitely has top notch corals with unbeatable prices though.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Oh ok, I’m still a beginner-intermediate reefer, I’m not interested in spending a lot of money and maybe killing something

That’s ok, and it doesn’t count you out of buying good, quality specimens. Although TSM has fair prices in my opinion, any premium in price you may see from them is from their handling procedures which I feel will help make your life easier since you’re more likely to get a healthier coral/fish.

This so doesn’t count you out of any other vendor either. Just pick specimens that appear healthy from vendors that seem to have a good handle on what they’re doing. Ask questions, and build a relationship with them, a good vendor can give you insight into weather or not a coral/fish is the right one for you.

Best of luck!

Dave

Yeah look locally. I'm not sure of many LFS down near Cherry Hill, but I'm sure there are some. Do your research and ask questions... Also watch things before you buy them to see if they're healthy or not.

That’s ok, and it doesn’t count you out of buying good, quality specimens. Although TSM has fair prices in my opinion, any premium in price you may see from them is from their handling procedures which I feel will help make your life easier since you’re more likely to get a healthier coral/fish.

This so doesn’t count you out of any other vendor either. Just pick specimens that appear healthy from vendors that seem to have a good handle on what they’re doing. Ask questions, and build a relationship with them, a good vendor can give you insight into weather or not a coral/fish is the right one for you.

Best of luck!

Dave
Thank you, I just don’t want to kill a rare coral that costs a fortune, their website only has large expensive specimens, maybe I’ll just take a ride and pick his brain, maybe he has frags